Adding A Master Benchmark
This article will discuss how to add a Master Benchmark or any other Benchmark to the field.
A survey was imported to OptiSurface Designer but Project Properties show there are no Master Benchmarks as shown in the image below.
NOTE: THESE PROCEDURE WILL ONLY WORK IF DONE BEFORE ANY CALCULATIONS IN THE FIELD.
I. We can add a Master Benchmark with these steps:
1. Go Tools > Existing Topography > Add Point. A window will prompt and you'll need to input the coordinates of the Master Benchmark. Write on the space provided for Code MB for Master Benchmark or BM if this will be an additional Benchmark.
2. Go to Tools > Project Properties and check if the coordinates are now updated. If the Latitude and Longitude are blank or show 0.000, add the correct coordinates and hit Ok.
3. Design the field and export as a machine control file.
II. Here's another way to add the Master Benchmark.
1. Right Click Existing Topography > Edit Point.
2. Select a point in the Map and add 'MB' to the space provided for Code.
3. Check the coordinates in the Tools > Project Properties. If the Latitude and Longitude are blank or show 0.000, add the correct coordinates and hit Ok.
4. Design the field and export as a machine control file.
III. A simpler way is to add 'MB' to the survey file by opening it in a text editor.
1. Open the survey (ags file) with Notepad.
2. Add 'MB' next to the first point. Save.
3. Import the survey.
4. Design, Save and Export.